Sunday, July 24, 2011

July 24th, 2011

While doing PBL I learned a substantial amount of what I was taught to mean "Authentic Assessment and Learning." In terms of Project Based Learning it just means to make it real world compatible. Real life skills in the form of a culminating activity designed to use authentic real world situations. I understand the Beginning with the End in Mind, Craft the Driving Question, and Plan the Assessment components the best. It revealed a process for building a learning module.

The least of the things I've understood was the mapping the project. It seemed like it was just setting all the pieces, but I apparently missed a few things and was docked some points on my grade. The next project I make I will study this section more closely and refine my projects.

I expected to build eSchool modules that I could use for future classes and this class didn't disappoint. It showed me a new system to build these modules and will be something I use in the future to build an effective online schooling environment.

It has been a great experience to go through this course and learn about PBL. I intend to use all that I've learned in creating an effective set of learning materials for future jobs. Hopefully this includes building my own eSchool.

No comments:

Post a Comment